SLEEPOUT SAFETY AND SECURITY PLAN
The safety of all SleepOut 4 Independence participants is very important to Providence House and its Board of Directors. Therefore, the following Safety Plan will be in effect on April 29, 2017 at Independence Stadium for the duration of the event.
- Event partners include the Shreveport Police Department and the Shreveport Fire Department.
- Police officers, assisted by security volunteers, will patrol the stadium and parking lot on a continuous basis, ensuring that only persons authorized to be in the stadium obtain access.
- Only registered participants will be permitted to enter and remain in the stadium. Once a registered participant has entered the stadium, he/she may only leave in case of emergency.
- The maximum attendance in the stadium, by order of the Fire Marshal, is 700, which will be strictly enforced.
- There will be one adult chaperone (21 or over) for every ten (10) campers age 17 and under to insure proper behavior while attending the event. The chaperones will be secured by the group or individual when they register.
- A First Aid Station and a Communications Center will be readily accessible and identified by easy-to-spot signage.
- Water, food and beverages will be provided to campers. NO FOOD OR DRINK MAY BE BROUGHT INTO THE STADIUM FROM OUTSIDE.
- All activities will take place on the field in a clearly marked authorized area. No climbing, sitting or standing will be permitted on the bleachers or in any unauthorized area of the stadium.
- NO WEAPONS ARE PERMITTED IN THE STADIUM EXCEPT THOSE CARRIED BY OFFICIAL LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL.
- There will be only one entrance and exit (approved by Fire Marshal) to insure safety and control of the stadium.
- More than 100 adult volunteers will be on-site during the event
- Campers will not be allowed into the stadium without their chaperone.
- Each camper will have a band on their wrist with the name and cell number of their chaperone.
- All bags and items carried by each camper will be checked prior to entry into the stadium for drugs, alcohol and items not appropriate or not allowed by the event.